Friday, April 02, 2010

Baby Shower for Angela

Last night Kristina and I hosted a shower for our friend Angela. Eric was fabulous and kept Kristina's girls and Kaylin upstairs in the bonus room for about 3 hours! Lauren went to bed early which worked out great.

The baby's room is going to be decorated in light blue, navy blue, red, and stars. Thus our theme:

I made little tissue paper flowers and a fun star banner with the baby's name. I should have taken a close up picture of the flowers. I put each one in a glass pop bottle and tied a piece of ribbon with colored stars around it. I gave the banner to Angela to take home. We'll see if it ends up in the recycling or on display :-).

We had yogurt parfaits with blueberries and strawberries (plus extra berries on the side), red licorice, red velvet cake balls, and gummy worms.

I just loved this alligator (or is it a crocodile?) box. Too cute!



Angela wasn't too surprised by my gift, a car seat canopy, because she "ordered" it from me last week.

We played Family Feud, baby edition, which was a lot of fun. The shower was a success and Angela got lots of cute clothes and other fun stuff for baby Ian. We can't wait to meet him in 3 weeks!!!
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Parker and Carly said...

Fun party. I would love a copy of the family feud! That would definitely come in handy at some point, I'm sure! (That is unless you guys already have the copyright! :)

LunaMoonbeam said...

Yea! Everything looks great. :-)

Kelsey said...

Very cute, love the food table.

You have explain how you did the Family Feud, that sounds fun.

Michelle said...

LOVE the food table!! parfaits and licorice? two of my favorite things!!

Brittany said...

cute decorations and food!! I love baby showers... they are so fun. And I love the name of her baby... that is my next son's name!! :)

aubreyannie said...

how cute! i have always wanted to make cake balls. how did they turn out?

and ian was always on my baby list of names for max but i figured it would be hard for him to grow up saying "my name is ian petersen. petersen with an 'en'" ya. cuz we have to clarify that quite a bit.